The first museum work in Isparta began in 1933 with the opening of the community center (Turkish institutions for education). In 1971, the foundations of the first museum building of Isparta were laid. The construction of the museum building was completed in 1984 and the museum was opened to visitors on March 6, 1985. Restoration works have started in the museum building in 2018. In addition to archaeological and ethnographic artifacts, the museum also exhibits carpets brought from various parts of Isparta. In the front and back gardens, the Roman Imperial burial steles and stone artifacts from various periods are exhibited in the ancient cities of Pisidia.